- Duration: 10 weeks
The CompTIA Network+ certification is an internationally recognised industry standard qualification for IT and networking technicians, held by more than half a million people worldwide.
This online course will teach you the essential skills needed to confidently configure and manage common wireless and wired network devices. You will learn the fundamentals of basic network design and connectivity; understand and maintain network documentation; identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards and protocols.
This vendor-neutral certification will also raise your understanding of emerging technologies within the IT sector, such as innovations in unified communications and mobile, cloud and virtualisation technologies.
CompTIA Network+ has been updated in line with the continued development of networking technologies with expanded coverage of several domains, by adding:
- Critical security concepts to help networking professionals work with security practitioners
- Key cloud computing best practices and typical service models
- Coverage of newer hardware and virtualisation techniques
- Concepts to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient
You are required to pass one exam covering the following content:
- Designing and implementing functional networks
- Configuring, managing and maintaining essential network devices
- Using devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identifying benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implementing network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshooting network problems
- Supporting the creation of virtualised networks
CompTIA Network+ validates the technical skills needed to securely establish, maintain and troubleshoot the essential networks that businesses rely on.
Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares candidates to support networks on any platform. CompTIA Network+ is the only certification that covers the specific skills that network professionals need. Other certifications are so broad, they don’t cover the hands-on skills and precise knowledge needed in today’s networking environments.
CompTIA Network+ features flexible training options including self-paced learning, live online training, custom training and labs to advance the career development of IT professionals in network administration.
The new CompTIA Network+ focuses on foundational networking tools and technologies used to create secure networks and guarantee the availability of critical business information.
The major areas of emphasis include:
- Network architecture appears on the exam for the first time, including software-defined networking, ensuring that candidates understand network integrations and the cutting-edge technologies being used in deployments.
- Emerging wireless standards and technologies are covered to allow businesses flexibility and maximal security when deploying networks.
- Because constant access to both internal networks and SaaS applications drives productivity, network performance monitoring and high availability are covered as separate objectives.
- Network security has been streamlined to focus on the critical aspects of hardening networks against malicious attacks and the secure execution of network deployments to protect against unintended data breaches.
Would you like to take this course?